Saturday, November 27, 2010

Blogs, Black Friday shoppers, football, etc…

I haven’t blogged in months.  I realize now that people who blog either have a lot of time, or do it for a job. 
I can’t believe someone  would camp out,  in freezing weather, just to enter a store.  But apparently there’s a lot of people who do. Or, they’ll get up in the early A.M. to queue up (oops, I went British!) in front of stores or malls to be first in when they open at ridiculously early hours.  And then I read about stampedes and tramplings and fights within these holiday crazed crowds.
What is it about the “holiday season” that brings out the maniac in a person?  I don’t know, but it happens every year.
Congratulations to Jason Garrett for going 2-1 so far with the Cowboys.  He may not be the answer to their long term head coach question, but at least he acts like a coach…  Looks and sounds like one too.  I used to give Wade Phillips the benefit of the doubt, but when he compared his winning percentage to Coach Tom Landry’s , I realized he is a fool. 
I also have to congratulate the Texas Aggies for turning their football season around.  I think they’re finally recovering from the folly of firing Coach R.C. Slocum.   I hope my alma mater, Texas Tech,recovers from our folly of firing the winningest coach in our school’s history-- in my lifetime…
The Texas Longhorns?  I don’t worry about them.   Anytime a school has an annual lineup of great players wanting to go there, they’ll  always be a contender.   They’re proving this year  though, that all programs go through cycles.  I wonder how long the TCU will last?  I really wonder how the TCU powerhouse got started?  For years they were cellar dwellers.  What caused their phoenix to rise?  I guess Gary Patterson is that good of a coach and recruiter. 
I’d post more here that I’ve been trying to find time to write about, but I see that it’s time to get in the Black Saturday shopping groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment